Monday, June 23, 2008

Summer Fun

We've been having so much fun at the pool this summer. We have 5 pools in our neighborhood and have tried 4 of them. After work on Friday (Kyle's work - I had my first day off this summer last Friday so I sent the kids to school and went shopping. I felt guilty for the first 15 minutes then got over it when I remembered how many stores you can go to in a short amount of time without strollers, car seats, goldfish crackers, whining, etc.) we headed to a new pool in the neighborhood. We were the only ones there. It was really fun to relax and unwind after a hard day of working (and shopping). Sunday we went to the pool in our neighborhood - officially the best because of the great beach entry and mostly shallow water. Again, the only ones there for awhile. Sydney is a great swimmer. She has really gotten right back into swimming; thanks, Aqua Kids. As you can see from the pictures below, the pool is very relaxing for Sam.









Sam was worn out from all the pool action! He was falling asleep on his float. When this boy is tired, he has no problem going to sleep.

I took these pictures tonight. Sydney and Sam are really starting to play together. Sam was trying to brush her hair for her. It turned into a sword fight so to speak. But it was all in good fun.

Sam is a drooling machine. I can't figure out what teeth are coming in, but these pj's had been on for about 5 minutes. SOAKED! The boy has a mouth full of teeth so I'm not sure what's going on in there.

I have a feeling that it will be a while before Sam needs a brush.

2 comments:

Shara Smith said...

I can't believe how big they are now! I can't wait to see you guys next week. I just need to figure out what we are going to do. I miss you so much!!

Grow with Griffin said...

It looks like you all are enjoying your summer! We can't wait to get together on Monday!