My grandfather passed away and funeral services were today. I sat in awe as people spoke of him using words like "never uttered an unkind word" and "was a friend to everyone". James V. Thompson was remembered today as a devoted husband, loving father, faithful friend, and servant of the Lord. I couldn't help but think that everyone should be so blessed to have someone touch their lives as my Papa did for so many.
Wednesday, January 21, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


8 comments:
Oh Angie, I am so sorry.
I loved seeing the picture of all of he siblings and your grandparents.
You and your mother look like sisters and your grandmother looks amazing.
Your family will be in my prayers.
Angie,
Your title said it all.. James was a great man and will always be in our hearts and memories.
Angie-
I am so sorry to hear about your Papa. Your family is in my prayers... What a wonderful life he lived- may your family be filled with all of the memories from the great times you spent with him.
Many Blessings,
Leslie ><>
Angie,
That is exactly how I remember your grandfather too. Gracious, kind and Christ like. He had the sweetest smile and nature. You and your family are so blessed to have had such an influence in your lives. He will be remembered with warm smiles by all who knew him. I am thinking about you, your mom and your grandmother.
so sorry for your loss, Angie!
So sorry for your loss. He sounded like such a wonderful man. I felt the same way about my Papa. My thoughts and prayers are with you.
Angie, Thank you for that great tribute to Papa! He was a great man and he will live in our hearts forever! I love the picture of him with his shovel....oh how he loved his garden.
Angie
It is I am so very proud of you.
Post a Comment