Part of my job is to attend the graduation ceremony for my feeder high school. So today I put on my gown and hood and watched as about 700 kids crossed the stage to get their diplomas. Funny part is I taught a few of the kids when they were in 3rd grade. WOW! Now that'll make you feel old.
The next best part was the shoes. The other principals and I sat on the floor on the side where the graduates came off the stage. I started to notice the shoes - lots of sparkles, glitter, and very high heels. I wondered how many mother/daughter throw downs went on before the ceremony over choice of shoes. Here are the notes I made regarding shoe choice at graduation: taller does not necessarily mean better, not many colors look that great with the crimson red gown, and if you are going to wear 4 inch heels try a practice run through the house before you make the long trek across stage.
Saturday, June 6, 2009
Happy Graduation Day, Seniors!
Posted by
Angie
at
6:26 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
How funny!! Remember we couldn't wear anything but black pumps.
And remember how hungover we were at our "practice" run through? I think you showed up in boxers and a tshirt. I really do.
Yes, I remember the only black pumps rule. Do you remember having a send off party for Justin H. since he was joining the Marines just a few days later? I blame Justin for joining the Marines therefore forcing us to have a party for him. And Mel W. -since we had the party at Candice's while he was on a date with Patty. As for the t-shirt and boxers, I don't doubt it.
Funny story girls! I tried to comment yesterday but it didn't post for some silly reason. Ang, I think you should volunteer to attend practice next year offering up your wise tips. I know I had some other funny thing to say but it escapes me now. My favorite student ever graduated last week. We are old!
Post a Comment