Kyle and I had the amazing opportunity to visit Rome, Italy over spring break. We had a BLAST! It is difficult to even describe because it is really a place you must see to believe. I'm just posting a few pics from our trip. The pictures just don't compare to the real thing. Kyle and I hit the streets each day roaming (no pun intended) around, seeing the sights. We wanted to see all that we could in a week's time. It's not possible to see everything in one trip. It was Holy Week (no, we didn't see the Pope) so things were busy. But it was truly unbelievable. We missed our kids dearly, but they were on their own vacation to Grandparents' houses. They had a blast, too.
St. Peter's - We went to St. Peter's Basilica on a tour one day and went back for a tour of the Vatican museum and Sistine Chapel another day. I honestly cannot do this place justice on my little blog. Michelangelo's dome and his "Pieta" (Mary and the dead body of Christ) were unreal. And the Sistine Chapel - like nothing I've ever seen. To say this is the grandest church on earth would be HUGE understatement. We have a million pictures, but they don't come close to the wonder of it all in person.
The Colosseum - just think Gladiators and chariots.
1 comments:
I am so jealous. What a fantastic trip!
Post a Comment