Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Funny Kid Stuff

I couldn't think of a clever title for this post so I just called it what it is. This post is a tribute to how much my kids make me laugh.
Sam insists on getting in this chair by climbing over the arms. We have tried to show him how to do it and I know he knows how, he just prefers to do it the hard way. As you can see by the next few pictures, he becomes a little frustrated but eventually makes it into the chair.
ALMOST... Keep going...


This picture represents all things "4 years old". Sydney wants to wear this red velvet, holiday dress almost everyday. She has even wanted to wear it to school. I've managed to convince her not to wear it to school because it is so "special". But she has worn it for several weekends in a row (my mom had to talk her out of wearing it to church). This picture was taken before we went to Wal-Mart. Red velvet, white flip flops - How appropriate! Sydney is a very strong-willed child so fighting over things like this are so NOT worth it.

My Sydney is so funny! She wanted me to braid her hair one Sunday afternoon. 2 braids, she requested. So I finished one side and started to work on the other when she stopped me. "NO MOM!" She wanted a regular ponytail on one side and a braid on the other. Too bad this wasn't the same day she wore the red dress and white flip flops. Sydney is definitley her own person and those that know her well, know you do not go head to head with Sydney over things that truly don't matter. You might win, but it won't be easy! But this is what I dearly LOVE about her. She is very spirited and has a mind of her own. While sometimes challenging at 4, these are all qualities that will suit her well in life. So the next time your kiddo wants to wear a ridiculous outfiit or hairstyle (or all of the above), let them! It will make you smile (and probably those that see you at Wal-Mart, too.)
Sydney and Sam have been running around after bath time in these frog towels. They were laughing so hard. It was difficult to capture it on film because they were moving so quickly and I was laughing so hard. Sam would run (his version of run) down the front entryway and the towel would just drag behind him. He reminded me of E.T. when they dressed him up as a ghost for Halloween.

Not so funny... Sam had his first black eye today. He fell and hit the coffee table. He's pretty cute with a black eye, though.

2 comments:

Grow with Griffin said...

I am laughing SO hard at your post!!! Love your two sweet and funny children- wonder where they get that sense of humor from?? Hmmm... Miss you and your funny stories!! I can't wait to show Carter your post when he gets home tonight! Hope all is well with you!

Anonymous said...

Me too, laughing so hard tears are rolling down my face. Thanks for the laughs and happy to see the Nayfas are all full of humor and perspective (I am not spell checking that and feel like it might be spelled wrong).