Sunday, February 22, 2009

Happy Birthday, Sydney Kate!

Blog Friends - I'm back. Life has been kicking my butt lately so I have neglected my blogging duties.
Better late than never... here are pics from Sydney's 5th birthday. It was low-key this year (as is the tradition with us). We will continue the grandparents and close family event while we can get away with it. I know the day will come when she wants something bigger and more extravagant, but until then don't tell her about the parties the cool kids are having.
I really can't believe Sydney is 5. 5 seems different... like it's more important than 4 or 3. It's not like she's driving or anything, but 5 seems very grown up. Kindergarten is lurking around the corner. Don't get me wrong... I'm not one of those that can't stand the thought of her going. We are just starting a big, new, scary chapter (insert Ariel from the Little Mermaid singing "A Whole New World"). Sydney wanted so badly to have her ears pierced for her birthday. So we took the plunge. She was a trooper! A few tears and it was all over! She made me so proud. She walked up to the little spinning display that shows all of the choices for earrings. She looked right at the lady (that looked way too old to work at Sweet and Sassy) and said, "I want diamonds".

Enjoy the pictures of my little baby girl who is 5.





Ready to get her ears pierced!

X marks the spot!

All done... one big tear rolling down her face :(

5 comments:

Grow with Griffin said...

Happy Birthday Sydney! Love the pictures- and so glad you have learned so quickly that diamonds are a girl's best friend- even at five years old! ;-)

Coco said...

Congrats on her earrings. 5 does sound so grownup!!!

Jennifer said...

You are right......5 is a big change and does seem so big. There are a lot of fun times ahead for her!! (and you too!)

Anonymous said...

I can't believe she's FIVE! And Sam's TWO!!!!! Where is the time going????? Tristan will be 2 in a few weeks. I'm so sad!

Anonymous said...

Sorry- it was logged in as Matt.... ugh!