Sunday, August 10, 2008

Poor Budders!

Poor Budders (that's what I call Sam - no reason except for that Kyle and Sydney always call him Buddy so I changed it to Budders). Sam has been sick ALL week with a stomach bug. He hadn't eaten anything since Wednesday. So this morning I gave him a little baby food. He doesn't eat baby food anymore, but I thought the bananas would be easy on his system. Within minutes, it came back up. So I decided that 8 days of this was enough. So I put him in the car and drove to downtown FTW to Cook Children's ER. Why is it when you take your child to the doctor and they've been really sick they pick the moment the doctor enters to look fine and act perfectly charming? The doctor was so nice and we didn't even wait. No one is there on Sunday mornings so I highly advise you try to schedule your emergencies on Sunday mornings. But they said his little system is out of sorts. He is over the stomach bug but can't get his tummy back to normal. So she gave us some anti-nausea medicine and away we went! He actually kept some food down tonight so I think we are headed in the right direction. Sam is a trooper... it's his mom that was passed her limit on nasty diapers! I usually don't worry, but sometimes when you aren't are a worrier, you worry about not being worried. All is well and getting back to normal at Casa Nayfa. Here's picture I snapped of Sam in his gown. He is so cute even when he feels like crap.


2 comments:

Coco said...

He looks so much like my nephew Chase! Just precious. I will send you some pics.

Grow with Griffin said...

Awww! Hope little Sam is feeling better today. It is scary when they are sick and can't tell you what hurts...