Saturday, August 30, 2008

Yes, we are still here!

I'm not sure the 4 people who use to read this blog are still out there since it's been so long since I've posted. But rest assured, I'm still around. We've had a crazy few weeks. Sydney and Sam started new classes at preschool. Sam is in a big boy class now - he eats at a real table and sleeps on a cot. And little Miss Sydney started pre-k at her school. She has done a great job this week. She has stayed on green (they have color changing cards for behavior) everyday this week. She is one of a few kids that has 4 stickers! I refuse to question what is going on in the class because this is amazing. Do you think the teacher could be sprinkling a little pharmaceutical enhancement in her morning snack? Maybe she's magic... or maybe Sydney just loves her pre-k class. So far so good! As most of you know, I opened an elementary school this week. Whew! That made for a busy week. So these pictures are just random shots from nothing exciting!
Sam has always been a picky eater and not much of an eater at all. But the last 2 weeks, this child will not stop eating. It is really weird. He just won't stop. Truly, his doctor made us "fatten him up" at one time. Now he's an eating machine. I tried to snap a few pics of his belly because it is getting huge (the pics don't do it justice). He is long and lean so it's really funny to see this round belly coming off this skinny body. Sam is in the 50th percentile for his height and less than 3rd percentile for weight. I hope the weight starts to even out! But after a really bad case of the stomach bug, Sam could afford to pack on a few more lbs. He has discovered that patting his tummy makes a really fun sound.

I'm sure Syd will not appreciate these pictures one day. But she just had to wear these pink socks to bed the other day. There was a song and dance that went along.
I really didn't see much of the kiddos this week because I worked some pretty crazy hours. I was leaving before Sam woke up and a few nights got home after he went to bed. So on Friday night, it was nice to just hang out. The kids had a pillow fight with Kyle. It was really cute. Sam could barely lift the pillow over his head, but he gave it heck trying! So the next few pics are just good times at the Nayfa house. WARNING! My house is a MESS - see comment about crazy work hours.

Kyle did not want me to post these pictures, but luckily he doesn't read this blog and is not the one in charge of preserving our family memories through photos so too bad for him. Sam loves this little wristlet I have. He also loves the diaper bag. It is so funny! He will put it on his arm or shoulder and walk away waving bye. Not Kyle's proudest moment, but I think it's pretty darn cute!

4 comments:

Coco said...

Love the pics! Sydney looks so much like you. Weird.
Adam is the same way about pics, but I haven't seen him snapping away.

Relax this weekend. AND clean your house for goodness sake! How do you live in such filth?
Kidding.

Anonymous said...

I think we could have a filth contest! You make me laugh! Cute stuff. Glad to hear you all survived the newness of the week.

Grow with Griffin said...

Angie! How you have all that energy left after your busy week! I am amazed that you were awake for the pillow fight on Friday night! Both kiddos are getting so big and are so filled with personality- Yea for Syd staying on GREEN!!! Like your friend said above, she does look (and have the humor) of her Momma!!! She is a mini me of you!! I love that! :-) Hope you are having an enjoyable and relaxing long weekend!!! Congrats on your first week as principal!!! :-)

SW said...

These photos are even funnier to me now that I have met your crew in person. I so enjoyed your children and I think you have definitely met your match with Mr. Kyle. I will have your sneak peek up today! Enjoy your week.
Nat