Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Dinner Conversation

Sydney had a color change at school today. For the 2 readers of this blog that aren't teachers, this is a color card system for behavior. Green is good, yellow is a warning, orange is bad, and red is really bad. Sydney went to orange today. She's been to red so don't be too shocked. She actually does stay on green most days and for Sydney, yellow's pretty okay in our book. So here's how our dinner conversation went:

Me: So you had a rough day, huh?
Sydney: Yeah, I did.
Me: What happened?
Sydney: My listening voice went on vacation.
Me: Really? Wow!
Sydney: Yes, and it hasn't come back.

I hope this listening voice returns soon.

6 comments:

Addi-K said...

That made me laugh out loud!!! Too funny. It's hard to get on to them when they are whitty enough to come up with that.

Melinda said...

That's too fuuny! I think my 3rd graders' listening voices are with hers since they sure weren't in class today! I hope they are enjoying the vacation, because it was a rough day! Hope things are going well at Caprock!

Grow with Griffin said...

OMG! I am CRACKING up!!!! What a hoot! How did you not laugh at that one?!?

B said...

Hilarious! I love it!

Jennifer said...

That. Is. Great!!

Too cute!

Donna said...

Hi Angie, Just wanted to let you know how much I enjoy reading about the Nayfa Family! The new pictures are really good!! Even though I don't see the kids often--this is a great way to see them growing everyday! Sure hope Sydney has gotten her listening voice back. She sure comes up with some funny things.. I think she may be a genius! Look forward to seeing you guys real soon!