Monday, April 20, 2009

I heart Dr. Davis

Syd and Sam had well check ups at the doctor about a week ago. Last year I decided that taking the 2 kids together for a well check up is smart since their birthdays are so close - 2 birds with one stone. I told myself I wouldn't do it again, but it just doesn't make sense to go twice. So I did it anyway even if was against my better judgement.

Sydney is crazy about our pediatrician, Dr. Davis. She LOVES going to the doctor. The kid is rarely sick - seriously maybe 3 visits in her 5 years other than well check ups. She thinks all the measuring and weighing, ear and eye testing is so wonderful. So we sit in the exam room waiting for the beloved Dr. D to make his grand entrance. But Sydney just couldn't wait. She would press her face against the door and in an almost shouting voice say "Dr. Davis, I'm in here waiting for you." And so he would answer back on his way into another exam room, "Hi, Sydney" or "Be right there". So she just paced and waited and annoyed other sick patients with her impatientness. Finally he makes his entrance. Syd is over the top beside herself with excitement. She plops up on the exam table and says, "Dr. Davis, am I your best customer?" I doubt it since the kid is never sick. But the nonetheless, Dr. D thinks Syd is pretty cool, too.

But both of my kids are really healthy and for that I am so grateful. Sam is 23 lbs now. I'm sure he gets that low weight from me (that's funny in more than one way). It's about time to start thinking about potty training. Sydney being the advanced learner that she naturally is (she gets that from me, too - again funny), potty trained at 20 months. EASY, EASY, EASY! Sydney - pee here. Okay. BAM! Done. That was the extent of it. Sam, not so much. Any advice?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are asking me for advice??? You have been my go to girl through all my child rearing. You talked me through each stage and your the best at it so now you need advice? Follow your own... he will not go to college in a diaper. Get Elmo and love it. Do you need to borrow? I also have the video. Good luck. I am giggling at Miss Sydney and her Dr. crush. Love it. Love her.

Coco said...

My advice is DON'T PUSH IT! We would let Bram run around naked and he started going outside. At 25 months, he was 100% trained....except he wouldn't poop. We didn't make a big deal of it. He wore undies, no accidents at all, ever. He would just ask for a pull up, go in a corner and go. Then ask to be changed. This went on until the day AFTER his THIRD birthday. The weirdo walked in and told us, "OK, now I am three, I will poo poo in the potty now."
And that was the end of the story. He has never had an accident. We just let it happen. And boys take a lot longer, from what I have heard.
Tessie Mayes doesn't seem interested at all.

Sorry so long.

And Sydney is already all about the doctors. Smart girl.

mamaclay said...

She has such a great personality. Let me know if you get any good potty training tips. We're in the same boat :)

Whitney said...

Oh Angie! Sydney reminds me of Junie B. Jones! Your doctor story totally cracked me up. I miss seeing you....Hope everything is great at your new school.

Whitney

The Bernat's said...

Thanks for the letter Sidney!!! Yes, I will be at the lake this summer so, I will see you there!!!

Take care. Buh bye.
kevin

Jennifer said...

boys are hard- it's almost been the death of me. It will happen. Just probably not as fast as Sydney.