Tuesday, August 25, 2009

First Day of Kindergarten

We made through day 1 of kindergarten. Whew! Sydney had a fantastic day. I know because we had long and involved mother/daughter chat about her day:

Mom: How was kindergarten?
Sydney: Fine.
Mom: What did you do?
Sydney: Lots of stuff.
Mom: What was the best part?
Sydney: Recess

I asked her about the rules. They are as follows:
1. No punching.
2. No pushing.
3. No biting.
4. No pushing people off the slide.

I guess this quiet, suburban school nestled in a master planned community is rougher than it looks. I asked if there were any criers. Just a kid named Ryan and he cried A LOT. Poor Ryan. He must ran into one of those punchers, pushers, or biters on the playground.

And no, I didn't cry like a big baby. I did have to wear my sunglasses inside for a few minutes to hide the small amount of tears that were welling up. But I wasn't the only one.

Sydney and her teacher, Ms. Scott


Home of the Noble Knights


These girls all started kindergarten today. We were all outside taking pictures this morning. They live next door and across the street. I had to remember if we were starting kindergarten or middle school. Sydney's main concerns about kindergarten so far have been who's in what class. Especially Drew... Sydney has talked non-stop about a boy in her old class named Drew. Apparently he is the "most handsome man in the world". Not sure who this Drew is but he sounds dreamy.

Big girl

2 comments:

Coco said...

How fun to have a Kinder kid. I am shocked you didn't cry.
And to have your neighbors in the same boat. That is great.

Hope you Mrs. Principal are having a good start as well!!

Donna said...

Glad Sydney loved school! She looked really cute! I'm sure she will be the most popular girl in class!