Yes folks, I'm the one who might just shed a tear on the first day of kindergarten. Don't worry, I'll do it in the privacy of my own car as I drive away, but I'm pretty sure the tears will be flowing the morning of August 25th. I won't dare be that momma crying in the "Cheers and Tears" room for kindergarten parents. I never really understood why people were crying and might just have made a little fun of those moms at one time or another. Well, karma's a bitch because here I am tearing up in the school supply aisle at Wal-Mart. Let's face it, she's been in school for awhile now. This is not her first time leaving the nest. I can hardly believe it's time for her to start school. Speaking of starting school, the first step is to register - which I just did on Friday. Let's just say it's very weird to be in a school that you aren't in charge of. I do this everyday and still I acted like I hadn't been in an elementary school since I was in elementary school. I wanted so badly to shout really loudly "I'm a principal so I know what goes on around here and you better do it right or else"! I thought that might be coming on a wee bit strong. So I took the more passive aggressive approach and wrote a letter using all my big school words like "thrives on consistency" and "structured yet nuturing environment". Don't worry, I didn't request a teacher or make any threats, just gave the school peeps the low down on little Miss Syd. I would appreciate that as a principal so I'm hoping her principal feels the same way. Luckily I also sent her email with an electronic copy of the letter in case she didn't get the hard copy. And did I mention I sent it from my school email that has my automatic signature on it that just happens to say my name and title? Surely it can't hurt, right?
This weekend we did a little school shopping for shoes and such. Sydney picked out a back pack and lunch box. We were in such a hurry, I forgot to cry. We were headed to a hair appointment for Sydney. Her hair is DARLING if I do say so myself. Take a peek at my big girl.
Sunday, August 9, 2009
How Many Days till Kindergarten?
Posted by
Angie
at
7:54 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Can't believe it is time for school to start. Tell Sydney I love her hair!
Boy, it seems like yesterday you brought her home and we were all there so excited for that tiny little baby and now she is going to big girl school. Time passes too quickly. Shed those tears, bring them on, it is a right of passage.
Big girl! She looks precious.
I am going to cry with Tess starting Mother's Day Out.
I can't believe she is starting kindergarten, all my babies are growing up :(
such a bittersweet time. Hope she has a wonderful year!
Post a Comment