Thursday, August 27, 2009

Day 3 - Falling Down on the Job

Okay, so day 3 of kindergarten I forget to pack Sydney a drink for lunch. She seemed fine about it and let me know that she just walked right up and charged herself a drink in the cafeteria. She gave me the whole conversation about getting a milk from the lunch lady. She told them her name and teacher's name and even had to spell her Nayfa (not unusual). She said, "Mom, I can buy my lunch right there at school. But I have to pay. With money."

Let's face it, it's time to stop faking this "with-it, lunch-making" mom thing. Sydney is super pumped about eating the school lunch. I just hope she still feels that way after actually eating it.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love her initiative! I also love school lunch and so does Mackenzie. Today I packed a lunch because they were serving spaghetti with meat sauce. Then when I had lunch duty I saw all these kids eating plain noodles and they even gave then butter and cheese. Next time it is spaghetti day, Mackenzie will be buying a lunch. It sure makes the morning easier, even when you make it the night before.

Ries said...

Hey Angie! I love your blog! Check us out at http://riesadventures.blogspot.com

mamaclay said...

Where are you?! Catch us up :)

Grow with Griffin said...

Hey Girl! Love your last post! I finally caught up on 3 months worth and am now trying to catch up on everyone else's posts- Hope all is well with The Nayfa's! Happy Turkey Day!